Thursday 22 August 2013

THE GREEN ONE, IN PROGRESS


One can ask onseself what the fuck (yes F) is going on here.

Well, the answer could appear to be simple; obviously, I am making myself a new dress. Inspired by one from Trashy Diva that I've admired long but did not allow myself to buy. My sister is getting married and I decided not to get myself anything new as I have plenty of fine summer dresses that have not been worn enough. But then again, if my sister's wedding is not the right moment to get a new dress, then when is? Surely she deserves that, ehrm. (Yes she and ehr wedding, a new dress. I am totally not thinking of myself here now.) And, as we have realized earlier on here, I do not have any green dresses. So corrected that shall be from now on.

But then again as I only have a few hundred other things pushing (and pushing and rushing badly) for the moment it does not seem like the most rational thing to start putting a fancy dress together. (But dress-issues seldom are that rational now are they.) The wedding is Saturday.  So I am not always sure what the hell it is that I am thinking. But so far so good and right now I am elsewhere but thinking this dress will be done by midnight! (Or well it has to as I am elsewhere tomorrow too. Positive thinking!)

This one is stretchy (oh yes) and will of course come with -ta daa- pockets! And something for the bust section too, as I don't intend to goo all ancient Cretan at the wedding.

10 comments:

Roxy said...

Your progress looks good so far. Being stretchy and with pockets i'm expecting that this dress will be very comfy to wear too!

Claire Cooper said...

Looking good so far - are you going to use a contrast for the bust area?

Bernadette said...

pasties. that's what the bust needs.

Peaches McGinty said...

perfection (I do realise the boobie area is missing!), you are a talented lady x

Sarah said...

I just love the fabric you've chosen, the colour is gorgeous! I hope you manage to finish it in time for the wedding x

Maja said...

Looks good. The colour is so beautiful and the style reminds me of something Elizabeth Taylor would have worn:)

Paloma said...

I want one! Are you using a pattern-- other than your inspiration Trashy Diva dress?

Sarah said...

It's looking great! LOVE it!
I'm sure you can do it, but if you don't you are definitely one of the few people who can pull off the ancient Cretan look (and you'll probably have have some wonderful pasties)!

Have a wonderful time at the wedding!
Early congratulations to your sister and her husband-to-be!

juxtapose nz said...

Gorgeous colour - matches your eyes. Will look sensational!

Anonymous said...

please show us how you made it!