Monday 1 July 2013

BUTTONS IN THE BACK AND AN IKEA SKIRT



 I bought a new summer top with a scalloped hem that  buttons down the back. More tops should to that; come wiht buttons in the back.


I wore it with a new carnival skirt that I made the other day out of a leftover piece of fabric they had in the sale box over at ikea. Sturdy interior fabrics make great circle skirts! Or, as in this case, a 3/4-circle skirt.

I of course had to make the skirt with pockets.

Because you know, as I say,  pockets make any garment a little more perfect and life a little easier.

14 comments:

Heidi said...

ÄLSKAR kjolen!!

Paccino World said...

Get the latest fashion on in town on my blog http://paccinoworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOW you should give us one day a tutorial for that amazing skirt!

Unknown said...

Love this look

Cat x

dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

ANDAAZFASHION UK said...

Best place to buy designer ladies suits onine.

ANDAAZFASHION UK said...

Best place to buy designer ladies suits onine.

Anonymous said...

Cute! x

fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

Naomi said...

I love your skirt! Looks fab~

The Occasional Indulgence

Roxy said...

That shirt looks so wonderfully comfy and I love the buttons down the back!

M I N G said...

omg that is so true! pockets do make life easier! hahaa I love thins with pockets! you look lovely as always.

lil' said...

You look so lovely! Where did you get your hat?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonymous : oh, I don't think there will ever be any sewing tutorials here :) There are so much better ones out there on the web! This turned out very well though - it's just a 3/4 circle skirt in one piece, with a broad waistband that I kept long, so it can be tied into a know/bow after buttoning. And I cut the pockets out in the skirt, just a cut open on each side and sew the pockets from underneath. About three hours all in all.

lil': it's a bamboo turban, bought from Peruukkiliike Kuokkanen here in Helsinki.

chiara said...

Love that Ikea fabric. Genious!

Vreeni said...

wow - the skirt is very nice.
but your child - so much nicer :) such a cute baby. well done ;)

groetjes
vreeni
www.freakinyou.blogspot.de