Tuesday 11 June 2013

SUDDEN MATCH


I have a belt that happens to be the exact same color as my nail polish.

The nail color is Kure Bazar's natural nail polish, the belt is vintage. It's a strange color that in one way is a bit off, but still works surprisingly well with a lot of stuff. A very useful greenish shade of nothingness.

This belt was originally part of a skirt that no longer is, and now serves as help for many of my dresses and skirts that are without or with a lost belt. The skirt it belonged to was one of my grandmother's old A-line skirts that had white stitching, big pockets (!!!) and a metal zip in the back. I totally ruined it in my younger days by cutting it of at the top, making it low waisted. I don't know what I was thinking. Or, I do; it was the late nineties and everything had to hang on the hips. I think it's alright to alter vintage to make an item more wearable (and I wore the skirt low waisted a lot aroudn the turn of the millenium) but it does demand a thought or two; not to take the whole idea of the garment away. My heart bleeds not only a little but a lot thinking about that poor skirt. Damn it young me, damn it!

4 comments:

Comrade Von Pussycat said...

Beautiful colors!

Kelly said...

What do you use for taking off the natural nail varnish? Have you found a good natural solution?

Grande Mama said...

Actually the skirt was bought in Dar-Es-Salaam in the 60's for safari-wear. It was very chic back then for the ladies to wear when "outdoors"

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Kelly : No I haven't (yet) but it's actually since I have not had the need to try; I stil have a little left of my acetone free Trind polish remover so I have finished that off. in the end I don't use that much polish so it has lasted me three years almost :D There are not so many natural ones out there I think, I know Sante has one that should work for their polishes at lest. But I think anything acetone free will do for me.