Thursday 6 June 2013

PARK LUNCH IN THE CITY


Wednesday as my instagram saw it.

 Today I rolled my hair in small victory rolls and head out to town in the summer heat with Dag.

We met up my sisters in a park for an extempore late lunch. Dag decided not only his but everyone's food was at its best with the box flipped over, on the grass...

Good thing my youngest sister's new puppy molly was there to help finnish it off.

Her boyfriend snapped a polaroid of Dag and his aunts.
It doesn't get more 2013 than this does it; taking a smartphone photo of an old school polaroid  and sharing it with retrofilters on on instagram... 

Little mister I-am-covered-in-my-lunch got a new hat and then fell asleep.

And I got myself something too but we'll check back on that later...

6 comments:

Bernadette said...

He's adorable :) The only other time I've come across the name Dag was of course in Larsson's Millennium series. In the film, they pronounced Dag like "dog". What does the name mean?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Bernadette : Dag is an old Scandinavian name which was common in the medieval days for example. It means "day" in Swedish (we are swedish speaking Finns) or the more fancy version "he who brings light" if you look it up. And yes it's pronounced like "dog" :) Or sort of, you stretch the vocal a bit so it's a rather long Daaag. I can't remember who Dag was in the millennium series? Argh! But Dag is not that uncommon in modern times either, there's former Un general secretary Dag Hammarskjöld for example :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Ah yesh now I remember, he was the reporter :)

Anonymous said...

Does it mean tha you had nothing to eat or did you manage to rescue something anyway? Dag's hat is adorable!

AML said...

What a fun day, and Dag is so cute, i like his hat, the new one.

Claire said...

lovely pics! He is so like your Eddi. The picnic 'Dag's way' looks so much fun - one forgets all that stuff!