Wednesday 15 August 2012

A PERFECT BLUE / DO YOU DESIGN?



I was sent this dress, in a soft fabric and perfect blue colour,  from one of my affiliates, Shabby Apple.
Apart form shirtwaist dresses, wrap around dresses are also pretty handy when your body is going trough changes, one direction or the other - this one is not an adjustable wrap dress, but anything with just a few buttons can be easily adjusted if needed -in this case I actually made the highest button the lowest one as it sat strangely right in the middle of my bust. I got a lot more room by chancing it and it still did not affect the hemline.- hopefully I one day soonish get to move all three inwards to make it tighter, heh.

Anyway, the dress is from a so called Emerging Designers collection, which means it was designed by an independent designer for Shabby Apple on a win-win basis - Emerging Designers is a program created to help start-up fashion designers manufacture and feature their clothing. The designer submits the designs and manufactures the items (with the possibility of being mentored in the process of productions) while Shabby Apple takes care of the rest; logistics, taxes, marketin campaings, customer service and so on. The designer receives 40% of the sales revenue from their collection.  


The program is open for designers world wide, but please note that it means you can't just have a bunch or nice drawings for pretty dresses, but have to be serious about it and prepared to actually produce (as in fund) the clothing yourself. So nothing for me...yet at least - I do like the idea :) If it sounds like something for you can read more and apply for the program via the Shabby Apple site or by clicking the banner below (also in my sidebar):



But back to me and my dress -  did I mention it has pockets? And you know what I think about dresses and skirts with pockets don't you? WIN.


If interested, the dress is the Carousel dress, runs a bit big but rather small around the shoulders, although it stretches a bit. The scarf is by Boo Boo Kitty, bag from Tunisia and the sandals are old.
Ta-ta!

9 comments:

Jojo (VintageLovingLibrarianIn6InchHeels) said...

You look so lovely, def not like someone who has not long ago had a baby!! Congrats on your beautiful boy!! :D xoxo

Rebeccak said...

It looks lovely! And I love this idea - I didn't realise they were supporting up and coming designers like this - I will have to go and check out the clothes!

Edek Kredek said...

i love your blog. amazing :)

(Retro) Sonja said...

Very pretty!

XX Red Sonja

Maria22 said...

I like this images with blue color. You look so great.

pogotowie kanalizacyjne warszawa

fashion blog said...

She is looking stunning in blue color. lovely outfit and your tattoo is also nice and very attractive.

jessie pearl said...

Dresses are also great for those fierce girls who dare to destroy summer outfit without having to worry about their gut hanging out.

shot for slim


Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I LOVE your blog! I just found it and it's great! I love your style!


/Mari

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Thank you :)

Jessie Pearl : I think the online translator did not do your comment justice. Or, I hope so :)