Friday 16 March 2012

LA BELLE DÉCADENCE


For some time last year I had this idea of a stage costume, that would also include big flat fans.



An idea that we early in autumn developed into a project:



That some months later, this February, turned into this:

Photo by Kaylin Idora.

By Atelieri O.Haapala. (You saw the other portrait just recently too)



And this, on stage:
(the last picture might be considered nsfw. But you can always call it art...)



(I just love our faces here!)




Sepia toned photos by Emiliano Melandri,  coloured shots by Jari B.Miettinen.


You'll see this (and another act) in Milan in a couple of weeks!
That will most likely be my last show before my burlesque-mommy leave starts.

12 comments:

Poppy Seed Roll said...

What a great concept! I love Art Deco and Burlesque, who knew they went together so well?

ihanuudet by fleure said...

Wow,great pics!!!
I specially like the one,where your diamonds are shining...

FairyFiligree said...

I really like your sketch & how you developed the concept. I am also very intrigued to see you performing, big tummy and all. It is quite courageous of you and I wonder how people react to this. I have never seen a pregnant dancer perform - it would be interesting to know how people have responded to your performance. Good luck for Milan!

Myrtha Meadows said...

Lovely!!! Now I want to go to Milan! :D

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

OMG I didn't know you were still dancing. Look at you! You are amazing!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Sorry, totally missed the point of the post. The costumes are beautiful. I wish I could see you perform.

Mrs Munster said...

Fab photos. I think it's so amazing that you've been dancing even with a "baby belly" (and why shouldn't you as you look so beautiful). Just on of interest, are there many burlesque starlets who carry on performing when their pregnancy start to show on carry on as you did?

Miss Precocious said...

I haven't been on the blogs lately, but I caught up on yours today! My, you look so beautiful, and having a child suits you. You look radiant! Congratulations, ma'am!

Nadja Art said...

I really like that costume! Especially all those pearls and the headpiece! :)

Sarah Jane said...

Hi great post. I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you over on my blog to do the High School Playlist. I hope you can find the time - I'd be really interested to hear your choices. Maybe when you have maternity leave xx

wily darling said...

i absolutely love that you are showing off your beautiful baby belly in such a sexy way. you look amazing!

Ylva said...

Absolutley amazing!You look so sexy and awesome that you dance through your pregnacy. But take care of your self and the belly :)

xxx